3045TV

Monday, November 22, 2010

Penny Hardaway wants to make a return

Bad knees have kept Anfernee Hardaway to off the court, but he's still not ready to give up on his NBA career.

Hardaway, 39, still feels as though he could contribute to a winning team.

"It's not about money," he said. "I saved my money, have all the money that I want. God has blessed me with that. It's really just the love of the game."

After a brief stint with Miami in 2006, Hardaway is waiting for another chance.

"I still love the game and I feel like I deserve that chance, but at 39, everybody's looking at the age," he said. "They're not looking at it as if I can still play.

"I don't have a lot of miles on my body because my knee was hurt for so long. But I feel like I can play a minimal role on anybody's team and help out. Role players now are playing 10-12 minutes a night. That's simple, man.

"My knowledge, my play-making ability, I can still knock down an open shot. I watch the game and still see things out there I can do to help teams, but who knows if that will ever happen? I doubt it, but I'll be ready if the situation did occur."

No comments:

Post a Comment