3045TV

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Snoop Dogg is now a Rasta: changes his name to ''Snoop Lion''


No more Dogg.

The legendary rapper, whose real name is Calvin Broadus, says he was "born again" during a visit to Jamaica in January. He discovered his true inner Rastafarian self, reports Huffington Post.

"I want to bury Snoop Dogg, and become Snoop Lion. I didn't know that until I went to the temple, where the High Priest asked me what my name was, and I said, 'Snoop Dogg.' And he looked me in my eyes and said, 'No more. You are the light; you are the lion.' From that moment on, it's like I had started to understand why I was there."

And now, he's ready to make music that his "kids and grandparents can listen to."

He's also releasing a reggae album called Reincarnated in the fall, Snoop announced at a news conference in New York on Monday, reports AP.

"Rap is not a challenge to me," Snoop said at a gathering of journalists and friends Monday night in the backroom of Manhattan's Miss Lily's restaurant, "I've won every accolade you can get in rap, they call me 'Uncle Snoop' in rap. When you're an uncle, it's time to find something new ... I want to feel like a kid again."

Later, he played five songs for the small crowd, including one that features his daughter, titled No Guns Allowed.

The album will be followed with a documentary on Snoop and his music. According to AP, the film will debut at the Toronto International Film Festival in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment