3045TV

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Ja Rule Released From Prison But Will Go Directly Into Federal Custody For Tax Evasion


Its a bitter sweet morning for Ja Rule. The Platinum selling and Grammy nominated rapper was released from an upstate New York prison today morning around 9.30 am after serving most of his 2 year sentence for illegal gun possession.

But the bad news is that hell go directly into federal custody to complete a sentence for tax evasion. The two sentences were running concurrently and he still has some time left to do in his 28-month sentence for tax evasion. However, his defense attorney Stacey Richman told AP that he may have less than six months left and may be eligible for a halfway house.

Quote:

I in no way attempted to deceive the government or do anything illegal, he told the judge. I was a young man who made a lot of money Im getting a little choked up I didnt know how to deal with these finances, and I didnt have people to guide me, so I made mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment