3045TV

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Alicia Keys Finally Speaks On Being Called A ‘Homewrecker’



Musical mama Alicia Keys looks beautiful on the cover of the new issue of Essence magazine. In the interview, the normally private singer opens up about family life, dishing on the joys of marriage and motherhood – and putting to rest those rumors of an affair.

On her husband Swizz Beatz (born Kasseem Dean) and their 6 1/2-month-old son Egypt:
“I was very closed for a long time. But I feel so open now. To feel open like this means you’ve found the center in yourself. You’re not hiding; you’re not worried about anything. Everything’s going to be just fine.”
On her step-children (Swizz has three kids from previous relationships):
“‘Kasseem is very present in his children’s lives. I wouldn’t be able to love him otherwise. We are doing what is best for the children.”
On Swizz’s ex-wife Mashonda’s allegations that Alicia broke up their marriage:
“We didn’t start seeing each other until months after they had separated. I was aware of all the false things that were being said about me, it definitely hurt. I was sure that if I engaged, it would become back-and-forth like some sick entertainment, which goes against everything I believe and would have made things worse.”

No comments:

Post a Comment