3045TV

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Michigan Woman Sues For A Broken Heart After Facebook Relationship Breakup


A woman in Michigan wants more than $8,000 from a man she blames for breaking her heart - over Facebook.

Cheryl Gray, a 50-year-old unemployed paralegal, charged in a lawsuit that Wylie Iwan led her on over the course of an online relationship which began while playing "Mafia Wars" on Facebook, the Tri-City Herald reported.

She said they seemed to be smitten -- until after she sent him gifts and booked a trip to visit the 35-year-old Applebee's server at his Seattle home.

A week before she was supposed to visit, her online Romeo dropped a heartbreaking bomb: he met another woman in a bar.

"I feel foolish," Gray told the Tri-City Herald. "I'm not so much mad or angry. I feel foolish. I am disillusioned."

She told the newspaper that they talked on the phone, texted each other and emailed over the course of the friendship.

During their conversations, she said that Iwan used the words "I'm falling in love with you," according to the paper.

Iwan, who called the lawsuit "frivolous," denies ever being anything more than friends with her.

He said that she seemed fine after he told her he met someone - until she started a Facebook group calling him a predator, the paper reported.

He said at first, Gray seemed like a cool person. But he never meant to lead her on.

"We decided - it wasn't all me - but we decided we wanted to meet each other. After that, things started toward a relationship and we started sharing more information," Iwan said.

"For Valentine's Day, she said she wanted to tell me she loved me as a friend. I told her I love her, too. I was meaning it as a friend."

Iwan isn't the first person to be sued over a broken heart.

In 2009, Kris Shubert sued her ex-boyfriend Kurt Wiksten after she moved to Texas to be with him and their relationship ended.

With a full cross-country move and a broken promise of a ring on her finger, Shubert wanted much more than a few thousand, the Daily Business Review reported.

She put her heartbreak at $1 million.

No comments:

Post a Comment