3045TV

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Paula Deen Issues Video Apology For Using N-Word



"I beg you," says Paula Deen in a just-issued 46-second video apology that materialized on the Web. "I beg for your forgiveness."

TMZ calls it "weird," and notes the "edit after almost every sentence.'

The Food Network host and celeb chef, who canceled an appearance on the Today show this morning at the last minute, goes on to say,"I want to apologize to everybody for the wrong that I've done. I want to learn and grow from this."

Deen adds, "Inappropriate, hurtful language is totally, totally unacceptable. I've made plenty of mistakes along the way, but I beg you, my children, my team, my fans, my partners – I beg for your forgiveness. Please forgive me for the mistakes that I've made."

Deen, 66, admitted in a lawsuit deposition that she has used the n-word. She is being sued along with her brother, Bubba Hiers, by Lisa Jackson, a former manager of the siblings' restaurant, Uncle Bubba's Seafood and Oyster House. The lawsuit alleges sexual harassment and a work environment rife with racial slurs.


No comments:

Post a Comment